I grew up in several different states, but I call Fayetteville, Arkansas home. In 2014, I joined Friendship Hospital for Animals and my resident mate, Dr. Hankin. My wife, Lauren, and I love living in DC and exploring the city with our one year old son. We also have two lazy Cairn Terriers who are learning to share their space with a rambunctious one year old.
Clinical Areas of Interest
Ultrasound and Magnetic resonance imaging.
Why Do You Work at Friendship?
I enjoy working at Friendship because of the collegiality among the veterinarians and the hospital’s dedication to practicing the highest standard of veterinary medicine.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, LA.
- Rotating Internship: Affiliated Veterinary Specialists, Maitland, FL.
- Diagnostic Imaging Residency: Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA.
- Board Certification(s): Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology 2014.
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology
Publications and Research
- Hobbs, J., Penninck, D., Lyons, J. (2015), MALIGNANT TRANSFORMATION OF A DUODENAL DUPLICATION CYST IN A CAT. Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery Open Reports Vol 1, Issue 1.
- Hobbs, J., Sutherland-Smith, J., Penninck, D., Jennings, S., Barber, L. and Barton, B. (2015), ULTRASONOGRAPHIC FEATURES OF CANINE GASTROINTESTINAL STROMAL TUMORS COMPARED TO OTHER GASTROINTESTINAL SPINDLE CELL TUMORS. Vet Radiol Ultrasound, 56: 432–438. Oral Abstract presented at annual meeting of the American College of Veterinary Radiology, Savannah, GA, October 2013.
- Hobbs, J., Gaschen, L., Merchant, S., Gaschen, F. DOPPLER ULTRASOUND ANALYSIS OF GASTROINTESTINAL BLOOD FLOW FOR DIFFERENTIATING FOOD ALLERGIC FROM NON-FOOD ALLERGIC PRURITIC DOGS. Oral abstract presented at annual meeting of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Montreal, CA, June 2009.