I grew up in Baltimore, Maryland and went to Tufts University where I studied English literature and poetry. I completed a two year post-baccalaureate program and subsequently enrolled in veterinary school at The University of Pennsylvania. In my spare time, I love going to the gym and powerlifting, watching HGTV, and spending time with my husband, Brad. I have three sassy and opinionated cats: Patisse, Czarina, and Elvis.
Clinical Areas of Interest
Following my internship, I hope to pursue a residency in dermatology. My areas of interest include immune-mediated diseases, the treatment of ear disease, and anti-microbial selection and stewardship.
Why Do You Work at Friendship?
Prior to applying to the match, I spent time as an extern at FHA. To me, the internship program had everything I was looking for: excellent mentorship and hands-on experience, the opportunity to rotate through many specialty services, and a diverse caseload. I’m very excited to spend my first year as a doctor at Friendship!
- Tufts University, BA English 2012
- University of Pennsylvania, VMD 2019
Publications and Research
- Citron L, Cain CL, Morris DO, Rankin SC, Bradley CW. The cutaneous and rectal microbiome of perianal fistulas and the effect of cyclosporine therapy. (In preparation)
- Citron L, Littman M, Weinstein N, Foster JD. Correlation between canine urine cortisol-creatinine and protein-creatinine ratios collected at home and in hospital. J Vet Intern Med.
- Oyama MA, Citron L, Shults J, Cimino Brown D, Serpell JA, Farrar JT. Measuring quality of life in owners of companion dogs: development and validation of a dog owner-specific quality of life questionnaire. Anthrozoos 2017; 30:1, 61-75.