I am a proud Raleigh, NC native and a 2010 graduate of North Carolina State University (NCSU) College of Veterinary Medicine. I spent several years in general practice and practice ownership before returning to NCSU for a clinical nutrition residency. After residency, I completed a fellowship in Clinical Nutrition at Blue Pearl Veterinary Specialty Hospital of the Carolinas. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my 2- and 4-legged family, traveling, exercising, and attempting to bake.
Clinical Areas of Interest
- Critical care nutrition
- Weight loss
- Homemade diets
- Disease-state nutrition
Why Do You Work at Friendship?
I am thrilled to be part of such a progressive, integrative, and collaborative hospital. Friendship is incredibly supportive of our vision: to provide the best quality nutrition support to our patients and to operate at the highest level of contribution to the field.
- North Carolina State University, BS Biology with a concentration in Nutrition
- North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, DVM
- North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Residency in Clinical Nutrition
- BluePearl Veterinary Specialty Hospital of the Carolinas, postdoctoral fellowship in clinical nutrition
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Nutrition)
Publications and Research
- Luisana E , Saker K, Jaykus L, Getty C. Survey evaluation of dogs owners’ feeding practices and dog bowls’ hygiene assessment in domestic settings. PLoS One. 2022 Apr 6;17(4):e0259478
- Luisana E, Bullen L, Datz C. Evaluation of Veterinary Clinical Nutrition in a Tertiary Care Setting. ESVCN abstract 9/2022