I Thank You…… This Thanksgiving
All year long, our furry friends shower us with their thanks and gratitude. So this holiday season take a moment to step back and assess just how much thanks our beloved companions gave us.
Giving thanks from the dog:
- I thank you for always giving-up your bed for me to sleep in.
- I thank you for letting me drag you here and there when we walk.
- I thank you for giving me fancy leather chew toys that come with strings.
- I thank you for leaving me fancy dinners on the table after you have walked away, and even after I have eaten my own.
- I thank you for always picking up my poop.
- I thank you for letting me graciously leave my fur on the couch, on the bed, and everywhere in between so I can continually look pretty.
- I thank you for leaving me brown nugget treats in a box full of dirt.
- I thank you for humoring me when I never bring the ball back.
- I thank you for always scratching me in my nether region.
- I thank you for providing me such a large porcelain water bowl that is elevated on a pedestal.
Giving thanks from the cat:
- I thank you for always leaving fancy toys up high for me to bat off.
- I thank you for letting me insanely run around the house in a crazy pattern.
- I thank you for giving me half the bed to sleep in, even though I’m so small.
- I thank you for leaving me alone after I get to sharpen my teeth and nails on your appendages.
- I thank you for always giving in to all of my incessant talks of being hungry and for making sure that I am Thank-full.
- I thank you for allowing me to get comfy on your lap, even with my bum in your face.
- I thank you for your crazy acrobatic plays and juggling skills you perform for me when I’m underfoot.
- I thank you for always cleaning up my hairballs and food piles when I eat too fast.
- I thank you for helping me stay agile and leaving fun piles of stuff for me to sit and play on.
- I thank you for the freshly cleaned, warm pile of clothes you always provide for me to sleep in.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
*Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.