Moose and Laurie's story
"I've had Moose since March 2008. I had just arrived to Camp Lejeune, NC, and was coming back from the beach one day when I stopped at a gas station. There was a box of puppies there, and when I went to pet the puppies, they all shied away, except for Moose. I knew right then and there I was going to take him home.
Moose is what I call an "opportunist", meaning if you have a tennis ball, he will love you. Moose is nutty for fetch. He will keep going until he is forced to stop, and he gives every chase 110%, taking great pride in returning the ball to you. For a stocky guy, he's really fast! He also loves swimming, especially in any sort of smelly water (boys will be boys). Sometimes, he gets to take his tennis ball into the pond, which I think constitutes doggie heaven for him. He also thinks bacon is the food of the gods, and will beg incessantly if I am making any.
Moose has no concept of evil or malevolence. He really thinks everyone is there to be his friend, and that they all want big doggie kisses! He is one of the most wonderful dogs I have ever seen, and I think perhaps the most handsome as well!"
- Latest News
- Friendship introduces Friendship To Go, a mobile veterinary service!
- Hailey's Story
- Have a question about TPLO surgery?
- Special Deal: Buy Pie, Get Credit at Friendship!
- Join us in supporting Food & Friends this Thanksgiving
- 75th Anniversary Open House and Adoptathon
- Moose and Laurie's story
- Meet Moose!
- WARL Humane Education Reception
- Friendship is hiring
- Dr. Kuehn and HSUS rescue over 200 animals
- Update on Friendship, Mine Detection Dog
- Like us on Facebook
- Tips for transitioning your pet to a new food
- Get FREE pet pick-up pouches!
- View all