I grew up in the Seattle, WA area. I have always loved animals and been involved in animal rescue and fostering for as long as I can remember. I took the long road to veterinary school- I got my B.S. in general science from The Evergreen State College and then spent the next 8 years in multiple facets of the veterinary team as a receptionist, assistant, and then technician and massage and rehabilitation practitioner. I attended Washington State University for my veterinary degree, completed a small animal rotating internship at the Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital in NYC, and returned to WSU for my residency. I am also certified in veterinary acupuncture and veterinary herbal therapy through the Chi Institute.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my 2 cats, Sean and Priscilla and exploring the D.C. metro area.
Clinical Areas of Interest
- Clinical chemistry evaluations
Why Do You Work at Friendship?
Working at FHA is a great fit for me! I enjoy consulting and getting to be involved with the patients and medical team. Working at a large hybrid hospital like this gives me the ability to be involved in the cases, contribute to teaching, and perform a variety of diagnostics. I enjoy the team atmosphere and getting to work with so many great colleagues.
- Washington State University- DVM
- Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital of the ASPCA- rotating medicine and surgery internship
- Washington State University- Residency in Clinical Pathology and Masters in Veterinary Science
- University of Missouri- Clinical Instructor in Clinical Pathology
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Pathologists
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (Chi Institute)
- Certified Veterinary Chinese Herbalist (Chi Institute)
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (University of Tennessee and Northeast Seminars)
- Certified Veterinary Massage and Rehabilitation Therapist (Healing Oasis Wellness Center)
- Certified Fear Free Practitioner ©