Originally from South Florida, I grew up in a Cuban American household in Miami, Florida. I received my undergraduate degree from the University of Miami and ventured to Gainesville, Florida where I received my veterinary degree from the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine.
Over the years, I have combined my passion for veterinary medicine with my love for traveling and have had the fortune to participate in a variety of veterinary outreach and research programs. Being a part of such diverse experiences and interacting with various cultures has definitely shaped the veterinarian and person I am today.
Clinical Areas of Interest
- Primary Care
Why Do You Work at Friendship?
I completed my veterinary internship at Friendship and was fortunate enough to join the wonderful Primary Care Team. I enjoy being able to share experiences, cases, and knowledge with my fellow primary care and specialty team members. The culture at Friendship is quiet dynamic and is always pushing doctors, and support staff alike, to provide our community and furry friends with the best possible medicine based on the latest scientific data and experience alike.
- University of Miami, BS. Majors: Biology and Ecosystem Science. Minor: Chemistry
- University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, DVM and Certificate of Shelter Medicine
- Internship: Friendship Hospital for Animals
Publications and Research
- Diaz NM, Walden HS, Yoak A, McIntosh A, Duque V, Cruz M, Hernandez JA. Dog overpopulation and diagnosis of intestinal parasites on Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos 2016. Prev. Vet. Med. Sept 1: 99-104. 2018
- Diaz NM, Mendez GS, Grijalva J, Walden HS… Hernandez, JA. Dog overpopulation and burden of exposure to canine distemper virus and other pathogens on Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos.
Prev. Vet. Med. Jan 8;123:128-37. 2016