I was born and raised in the Central Valley of California but as my further education in critical care has brought me to the east coast, I have come to love the changing seasons of the east.
My passion for veterinary medicine began as a small child, supported by my loving family, and later refined through university, internship and residency training.
Outside of veterinary medicine I am an avid hiker, love cooking and spend most of my spare time with my two dogs, Paddy, Homer, and my cat, Night Rider.
Clinical areas of Interest
Why do you work at Friendship?
Friendship Hospital fosters high quality medicine, a collaborative working environment and values the education of not only those in the veterinary field but that of the community. All of which I wish to embody throughout my career.
- BA, University of California, Davis. Major: Animal Science
- DVM, St. George’s University
- DVM Clinical year, University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
- Internship: Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Residency: Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, MA
Publications and Research
- Kelley M, Sinnott-Stutzman S, Whelan M. Retrospective Analysis of the Use of Tranexamic Acid in Critically Ill Dogs and Cats. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care, in press.