I grew up in Hong Kong and had always look after stray cats in the neighborhood. After starting my veterinary career at Tufts University, I discovered my passion for internal medicine, where I can take an integrative approach to each individual. I live with 2 adorable cats, Siu Ba and Fluff, who are often busy with napping and muffin making.
Clinical Areas of Interest
- Hepatology and gastroenterology
- Infectious disease
Why do you work at Friendship?
It is important to work in a hospital with a collaborative environment and with a high standard of patient care. Being able to teach interns (and learn from them at the same time) is also meaningful to me!
- BS in Brain, Behavior, and Cognitive Science – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- DVM – Tufts University, Grafton, MA
- Small Animal Rotating Internship – University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Small Animal Internal Medicine Residency – University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Mui ML, Famula TR, Henthorn PS, Hess RS (2020) Heritability and complex segregation analysis of naturally-occurring diabetes in Australian Terrier Dogs. PLOS ONE 15(9): e0239542
- Mui ML, Mahony OM, Ferrer L (11/2017) Coat Color Change in a Cat with Diabetes Mellitus & Adrenocortical Carcinoma. Clinician’s Brief
- Tso IF, Mui ML, Taylor SF, Deldin PJ. Eye-contact perception in schizophrenia: relationship with symptoms and socioemotional functioning. J Abnorm Psychol. 2012 Aug;121(3):616-27