I am originally from San Diego, California. During my undergraduate studies, I majored in animal science and management and ultimately decided to pursue veterinary medicine after a veterinary service trip in Central America. During veterinary school, I also developed an interest in public health and legislative policy affecting veterinarians, in addition to clinical medicine, and spent time in veterinary school in DC learning about policy issues. After completing a rotating internship after graduation, I have practiced as an emergency veterinarian. I enjoy the diversity of cases and fast pace of emergency medicine and feel extremely fortunate to be able to help pets in their time of need.
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my energetic terrier mix, Autumn, staying active, cooking, traveling pre-covid, and exploring the Washington D.C. metro area.
Clinical areas of Interest
- Emergency medicine
- Cardiac emergencies
- Wound care and management
Why do you work at Friendship?
I am very excited to work at Friendship in a collaborative environment with multiple veterinarians and technicians. I look forward to continuing to practice and learn in a hospital with such high quality of care and reputation for collegiality.
- BS: University of California, Davis
- DVM: Oregon State University Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine
- Internship: Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital, Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Publications and Research
- Ree JJ, Milovancev M, MacIntyre LA, Townsend KL. Factors associated with major complications in the short-term postoperative period in dogs undergoing brachycephalic airway syndrom. Canada Vet Journal. 2016 Sep; 57(9): 976-980