Working at a local pet store was my first animal-related job back in high school. Before that, I found myself scared of dogs and allergic to just about every other bird and mammal you could imagine! Soon enough I discovered the human-animal bond and have since dedicated myself to protecting and preserving that connection between client and patient. I have had the pleasure of learning and working in New York, Massachusetts, Florida, Illinois, and finally Washington.
My driver’s license now reflects my roots in the District and our professional sports teams are seeing the benefit–you’re welcome! Outside of work, I keep myself busy teaching The Polite Puppy
class, tabletop gaming, trail running, playing instruments, enjoying DC’s live music scene, and binge-watching shows with my cat, $quid!
Clinical Areas of Interest
- Fear-free technique
- Soft-tissue surgery
- Integrating technology into everyday practice
Why Do You Work at Friendship?
The quality of care and level of medicine practiced at Friendship are unparalleled. We are one of the most well-rounded privately-owned hospitals in the country and the opportunity to work in such close coordination with veterinary specialists and technical staff is priceless.
- Small Animal Rotating Internship 2015 – 2016 | Friendship Hospital for Animals
- University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine 2015 | Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Northeastern University 2011 | Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in English Literature
- Fear-Free Certification
- Reiki Level 1 Certified Practitioner