Prompt emergency care can be life saving in the event of acute, severe illness or injury. Beyond the initial emergency period, your patient may require close monitoring, supportive care and intensive in-hospital management before recovery occurs.
Led by the District’s only board-certified Criticalists, Drs. Janine Calabro and Samantha Hart, Friendship’s Emergency and Critical Care Service functions 24 hours a day to provide excellent emergency care, critical/intensive care and hospitalization services. Our experienced and highly skilled team is ready to intervene as quickly as needed to assure the highest likelihood of a successful outcome for your patients and clients.
- 24-hour walk-in emergency services
- 24-hour intensive nursing care
- Dedicated intensive care unit
- Advanced monitoring, including ECG, pulse oximetry, capnography, blood pressure (invasive and non-invasive), and blood gas analysis
- On-site diagnostics available 24 hours a day
- 24-hour access to digital radiography and focused ultrasound
- Transfusion therapy
- Nutritional support
- Long-term mechanical ventilation
- Oxygen therapy
- Skilled pain management
How to refer:
We are here whenever you need us, accepting walk-in emergencies and referrals 24/7/365.
We appreciate notification prior to referral. Cases may be referred directly to the E/CC Service, or admitted through E/CC to another specialty service within the hospital. Referring veterinarians may call FHA’s main number 202.363.7300 and ask to speak with an Urgent Care doctor. Records may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 202.363.7126.