Your Partner for Advanced Dental Procedures
Friendship Hospital for Animals offers advanced dental procedures performed by highly trained staff. We approach dental procedures as we do surgeries, as serious interventions. All dental surgeries are performed in dedicated areas, using the latest equipment and instrumentation. Patients under anesthesia are monitored as they are in surgery. Post procedure, clients are provided with the information they need to follow up with you.
Pet dental services we provide include:
- Sedated pre-dental examinations for dental evaluation
- Dental prophylaxis (cleaning and polishing)
- Full periodontal examination
- Digital dental radiography
- Closed fractured tooth treatment
- Periodontal abscess treatment
- Root planning
- Guided tissue regeneration
- Feline odontoclastic resorptive lesion treatment
- Tooth extraction with and without bone regeneration techniques
- Full mouth extractions
- Crown amputations
- Oral mass evaluation, biopsy, or excision
Meet our Dental Services Specialty Doctors
Ray Phillip, DVM, Chief of Dentistry
Dr. Phillip has practiced at Friendship Hospital for Animals since 1992, after he graduated the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. He has worn many hats at Friendship, beginning his career as a staff emergency veterinarian and surgeon before joining the dental services specialty team.
Amanda McMurphy, DVM, Staff Veterinarian
A DC-area native, Dr. McMurphy received her DVM from Tufts Veterinary School in 2004. She completed her internship at the Friendship Hospital for Animals in 2005 and continues to be an integral part of our dental team.