I joined Friendship in 2013 after my residency in diagnostic imaging at Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine. I graduated from Massey University School of Veterinary Medicine, after which I completed a rotating internship at Veterinary Specialist Group (New Zealand). Prior to my veterinary studies I completed a Master’s Degree in Anatomy and Radiology at Auckland School of Medicine. I am very proud to be a part of the Friendship Diagnostic Imaging team alongside Dr. Hobbs. We provide a multi-modality, state of the art diagnostic imaging service for the Friendship team as well as local veterinarians. When I am not working I enjoy running, cycling, and exploring new towns in the U.S.!
Clinical Areas of Interest
I enjoy all facets of diagnostic imaging with ultrasound and C.T. being my favorites. I have particular interest in musculoskeletal imaging.
Why Do You Work at Friendship?
Friendship is a collegial, state of the art hospital that provides gold-standard medicine, education, and patient care. Our hospital embraces new advances in medicine and technology, and remains proud to be an independent, family owned hospital. I am excited to be a continued part of Friendship’s growth in the coming years.
- Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry)
- Master of Science (Anatomy and Radiology)
- Bachelor (Doctor) of Veterinary Science
Publications and Research
- Trans-articular Facet Screw Stabilization and Dorsal Laminectomy in 26 Dogs with Degenerative Lumbosacral Stenosis with Instability. Vet. Surg. 41 (2012) 611–619. EJ Hankin, RM Jerram, A Walker, CG Warman, MD King.
- Matrix Proteoglycans and Remodelling of Interstitial Lung Tissue in Lymphangioleiomyomatosis. J Pathol. 2004 Jun;203(2):653-60. Merrilees MJ, Hankin EJ, Black JL, Beaumont B.
- Heather K. Dean, DVM; Elyshia J. Hankin, BVSc, MS. JAVMA. What Is Your Diagnosis? June 1, 2016, Vol. 248, No. 11, Pages 1231-1233
- Hye-Yeon Jang, DVM; Elyshia J. Hankin, BVSc, MS. JAVMA. What Is Your Diagnosis? November 15, 2016, Vol. 249, No. 10, Pages 1135-1137
- Comparison Of A Computed Tomography Pulmonary Trunk To Aortic Diameter Ratio With Echocardiographic Indices Of Pulmonary Hypertension In Dogs. Vet Rad Ultrasound. 2017, Pages 1-9. James Sutherland-Smith, Elyshia J. Hankin, Suzanne M. Cunningham, Amy F. Sato, Bruce A. Barton.